3I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, 5 in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6
Here is some insight into this scripture:
- Joy as you pray – showing that even as Paul had so many objects demanding his prayers, and so many other churches which he had founded, he never forgot to pray for the Philippians
- Have confidence that God is working in your life even if you can’t see it
- God abandons nothing that he undertakes
Some questions to ask:
- Are you thanking Him even in the midst of your circumstance?
- Do you have joy when you pray or is it a chore?
- Do you have confidence that God is working in your life even when you can’t see it?
- Do you believe that God will never abandon or forsake you?
Know that He is working on your behalf and isn’t finished!
30 day challenge – read more in the hit repeat again previous blog…
- Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 – HIT REPEAT AGAIN!