As I sit here and write I am eating about a 1/4 cup fat free, sugar free cool whip. I am pretending it is ice cream with all the full flavor and all the full fat. Is it ice cream? No, but it’s better for me on my diet. Is it what I want? No, but it’s what is good for me. I am creating a new and healthy habit.
Taking 30 minutes a day to pray at first can seem like a chore, like a new diet. Sacrificing your music on the drive to work to pray or giving up that extra 30 minutes of sleep to pray can seem overwhelming at first. But just like my diet, in the end you will see results.
16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Don’t stop praying even if you don’t see immediate results. Creating a new habit takes time.
30 day challenge – read more in the hit repeat again previous blog…
- Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 – HIT REPEAT AGAIN!