Just go a little deeper ~
I love this time of year when finally it’s pool season. Of course I live in Florida so most of the entire year is pool season, but you get the point. Picture this: the weather is perfect, the sun is shining, you look like a movie star in your bathing suit and it’s hot outside so you run towards the pool and only put your feet in the water… wait, what?
No, you dive right in. You let the cool water take away the heat and possible sunburn. You feel refreshed and renewed.
If we know that going deeper into the water is refreshing (as our example) then why when it comes to reading God’s word or spending time in His presence do we only want to just dip our toes in? Why do we just settle for a small peice when God is offering the entire Olympic size pool?
“How can we not make time to be with the maker of time?” Francis Chan
He wants us to go a little deeper. He wants us to jump in and give him the time He deserves. We complain that He doesn’t answer our prayers on time or we doubt His goodness yet we don’t take the time to saturate ourselves with His presence. If He is for us – then nothing can be against us! If we know Him by going deeper into our commitment to His holy word and speaking to Him with the authority that He created us – then we can know He will speak in His time and we will have faith to move mountains.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Whats holding you back from going deeper into God presence?
- Fear of the answer?
- Time management?
- Lack of self control?
- Something else?
“Lift up your eyes on high And see who has created these stars, The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing. Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
Isaiah 40:26, 28-29, 31 NASB
30 day challenge – read more in the hit repeat again previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 – HIT REPEAT AGAIN!