Falling walls ~
One of my favorite stories in the Bible is the story of Jericho. It is not only amazing that so many people followed an order to walk around an entire city 7 times praying, but until the end they did it silently. No voices, only internal prayers.
Today’s inspiration is short and just asks the basic question. Have you given up on the things you really need to pray about? Maybe its time to circle that job, marriage, finances, health or crazy circumstances one more time. Maybe its time to not be so loud on the outside and stop vocalizing your problems to the world and just internally pray to God. He already sees and knows what your Jericho is. He is walking around the wall with you!
“I will give you everyplace you set your foot.” Joshua 1:3
“I don’t think there is any “magical” about that text. And I realize that Joshua 1:3 is a promise given to Joshua in relation to The Promise Land. But I also believe there are moments when God challenges you to step out in faith and claim a Promise Land of your own… There is something about praying around something that unleashes divine intervention. I like to think of it as a Jericho prayer.” Mark Batterson
30 day challenge – read more in the hit repeat again previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 – HIT REPEAT AGAIN!