“Always remember that many tomorrows will be determined by how you lead today”
You may not consider yourself a leader of anything. But the truth is, you are leading someone whether you have an official title or not. Not all who come to church are led by the pastor. In fact, the church body is what moves its people. In good directions or bad.
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
Well that is a foot to the gut.
Jesus paid a very high price for us to be here and has entrusted us, the church, to lead the flock.
The flock is not just who is on the attendance list Sunday. Its anyone around us who needs to know Jesus. Its our children who listen and watch our every move. We have the ability to alter their future in one way….or another.
As leaders of the flock, let’s challenge ourselves to be careful and cautious of how we lead. If it doesn’t point to the love of Jesus, we are doing it wrong. Remember we can teach them to ride along, or we can lead them to fly.
30 day challenge – read more in the “hit repeat again” previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 –HIT REPEAT AGAIN!