My daughters love anything with sparkle and glitter, my husband not so much. Glitter gets in everything much to his dismay. We had people over for a Halloween party 2 years ago and all their kids wore something with glitter and I swear I am still finding it in my couch. Glitter sticks to anything and even when you think you have cleaned it up, you will find a shiny piece left over for all to see.
What if our relationship with God was like glitter? Always shining, always found or placed somewhere for someone to see when we least expected it.
“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.” Matthew 5:16
We need to keep shining in unexpected places. I am not saying you should just wear a glittery and sparkly t-shirt with Jesus written in size 72 font. What I am saying is we should sparkle in unexpected places, moments when we can shine as followers of Christ… showing undeserved grace, bringing joy to a friends life, sparking a conversation when someone needs to hear about God’s love for them and so on. The key about glitter is somehow it stays put and seems to last forever. What we do needs to have a lasting effect too.
Show a little sparkle today!
30 day challenge – read more in the “hit repeat again” previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 –HIT REPEAT AGAIN!