the other side of the fog…
This morning on the way to school, it was so foggy that I couldn’t see the road I was supposed to turn down until I was right at it. I almost passed it. Thankfully, since I have driven that route thousands of times, my brain had the “slow-down” timing engraved and so I was able to slow down and make the turn.
Funny, they say it takes 21 days to make a habit….. well, look at that, it’s day 21.
It made me think of how God works sometimes. We don’t always know what’s coming, but engraving His word in our hearts and in our brains help us to make the right turns when the unplanned and unexpected DO come. No, we shouldn’t do it out of habit, but the more we read, the more we learn, the more we WANT to stay in it.
Yeah, we will fly by that turn from time to time, and maybe not even realize it. We like to take the long route sometimes. And that’s okay. But there is a plan and He will always steer us towards that plan if we give Him the wheel. (sounds like a country song to me).
Trust is very hard for some of us, but the more we learn of His promises, the more we are able to fully trust Him.
Just as you do not know the path of the wind and how bones are formed in the womb of the pregnant woman, so you do not know the activity of God who makes all things.
Ecclesiastes 11:5 NASB
ALL things. Not some things. ALL things.
The more we think we are in control, the more we will learn how much we ARE NOT.
He is in control. We need only to trust Him to guide us to the next turn.
30 day challenge – read more in the “hit repeat again” previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 –HIT REPEAT AGAIN!