Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
1 Peter 4:8-10 NASB
Today my daughters class had a field trip, of which I had a group of 3 girls, my daughter included.
One of the girls happened to just have an extremely different personality than the other two. Sometimes this can be a negative thing for kids but it’s really a great thing, and is a lot like the body of Christ.
Every part is different but has its strengths. Every part is separate but it’s work brings it together.
This kid, like many of us, has a unique part in the picture. It’s easy to be quick to judge or make assumptions, but the truth is my gifts are no more useful than yours. My part is not bigger or smaller than yours. It’s just a different job.
The other 2 girls were extremely patient and even sacrificed what they wanted to do so that this other girl could do something she wanted.
In this scripture we are told to be good stewards of grace, and to respect each others gifts and serve without complaint.
That’s not easy. And I saw a couple 11 year olds do it better than most adults.
We could learn a lot from 5th graders evidently.
Questions to ask:
1- How patient am I with others?
2- How respectful am I to people who I view as “different”?
3- Am I doing my “job” to the best of my ability?
30 day challenge – read more in the “hit repeat again” previous blog…
1. Write down a list of things you need to pray for
- This is not a wish list
- Try not to just make them all about you
- Keep the list small and purposeful
2. Spend at least 30 minutes in uninterrupted prayer
- A scheduled time not just throughout the day
- Ideas: 30 minute drive to work, actually getting up early, skipping a tv show, praying before bed
3. Read at least one scripture passage a day
- Pick a book of the Bible and read a passage each day
- Follow our blog for daily scripture
4. And if you fail one day out of 30 –HIT REPEAT AGAIN!